Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Camping

I just dropped my son off for his first school camp.
(find a happy place)
He is required to put up his own tent, cook his own meals, dig his own bush toilet and if that isnt enough, make a raft and somwhow row it up the river.

(breathe)

I have prepared him as best as I could, labelled everything, tucked away treats in his bag, had oodles of chats about what to do, or rather what not to do.

I hope he has the time of his life, its the first time in 12.5 years he has stayed anywhere without family.
Its tough. I need to let go.

I hope this is a good thing for him and he finds a new freind in the world of camping.
I love camping, before he was born I did it all the time.I have even camped alone.. crazy much!?

The silent and beautiful dark blue galaxy and still outback night is a treat for sure.

cross your fingers a toes he comes back  alive  happy.

1 comment:

  1. I hope he has a fantastic time, and all your worries are unfounded!

    ReplyDelete